Matsuura Machinery USA (MMU), located in St. Paul, MN is the importer of Matsuura machining centers in the United States. We deliver unmatched excellence in high speed and high precision CNC machine tools. As the U.S. subsidiary of Matsuura Machinery Corporation in Japan, Matsuura USA provides the premium service, applications, and technical field support that have always been the Matsuura standard for business. As we continue to expand and grow, we are seeking proficient and knowledgeable individuals who are eager to be a part of our Matsuura family and maintain our premium CNC machine tool reputation. MMU is proud to offer employees benefits including medical, dental, and vision. MMU is also proud to offer 401(k), life insurance, long term disability, voluntary short term disability, PTO, and holidays.
For questions, please contact Kristine Albrecht at: 651-289-9705 or [email protected]
Matsuura Machinery USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ResponsibilitiesThe Matsuura 5-Axis Application Engineer’s objective is to train and support Distributor Engineers and/or Matsuura customers in the operation and troubleshooting of all Matsuura machining centers for machine software, machining applications, cutting conditions, control functions, and Fanuc 5 axis functions. The Senior Application Engineer will typically perform time studies, test cuts, CAM and manual programming, create CAD models, setup and execute machine cutting demos for both showroom machines and technical workshops/open houses, as well as troubleshoot machine functions and Matsuura software. The Senior Application Engineer will be responsible for resolving multifaceted challenges that exceed the scope of Matsuura Distributor’s ability. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Travel to customer's facility to provide training and support on Matsuura machines, controls and software.
- Provide comprehensive training to distributors and customers as wells as assistance over e-mail and phone.
- Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and Matsuura Machinery product lines.
- Produce technical bulletins and documentation for factory updates and changes to functions or software.
- May be required to support the Service team with cleaning machines for events and visits, packing machines, installing new machines, breaking down machines, and moving raw materials
- May be required to assist with loading, packing, and organizing tools, demo pieces, and raw materials to be sent to Dealer or Customer locations for tradeshows, open houses, and test cuts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Job Skills / Requirements
- Qualified candidate will possess a 4-year engineering or business degree or equivalent job experience preferred
- Technical background of CNC machine tools and knowledge of Matsuura Machinery product lines preferred. Experience with 5-axis and pallet pool solutions would be a plus
- Possesses strong communication skills and good networking capabilities
- Should be a motivated self-starter, team player able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Candidate may be required to travel with little notice depending on business needs
- Candidate must report regularly to the St. Paul office, no exceptions
- Some relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate
- Candidate must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Candidate must pass a criminal background check