St. Paul, MN (April 4, 2020) — At Matsuura USA, we understand concerns about COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) are top of mind for our customers and the community. We created this page to share content that we believe is relevant to your challenges related to the pandemic. Below is an evolving collection of resources to consider for your manufacturing business and your family. These will be updated regularly as more information is available.
Please click on the highlighted links below for more information.
Federal Government Resources:
- NEW–5/14–What is your state’s reopening plan? HERE.
- NEW–5/4–Tips for Manufacturers on Continuing Production During the Coronavirus Pandemic HERE.
- NEW–5/3–Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility HERE.
- NEW–5/1–How to Communicate With Customers During Times of Crisis HERE.
- NEW–4/27–Higher Percent of Manufacturers Open Normal or Expanded Hours with Reduced Staffing. HERE.
- NEW–4/27–Why Reshoring Matters Now More Than Ever. HERE.
- NEW–4/27–The market is rebounding on hope for a treatment, new index tracking coronavirus-drug makers shows. HERE.
- NEW–4/26–American Enterprise Institute’s National coronavirus response: A road map to reopening. HERE.
- NEW–4/25–Global 500 companies are utilizing their resources and expertise during the coronavirus pandemic. HERE.
- NEW–4/23–Financial Resources: Get and Keep America Open: Supporting states, tribes, localities, and territories: HERE.
- NEW–4/23–COVID-19 Testing and Reporting by Laboratories (CDC): Q & A: HERE.
- NEW–4/22–To strengthen the nation’s response to COVID-19 and ensure manufacturers are poised to lead the recovery and renewal of the American economy, the National Association of Manufacturers released the “American Renewal Action Plan.” HERE.
- NEW–4/20–The Save Small Business Fund is a grantmaking initiative offering short-term relief for small employers in the United States and its territories. Apply HERE.
- NEW–4/19–CDC & Whitehouse Guidelines for Opening Up America Again, a three-phased approach based on the advice of public health experts HERE.
- NEW–4/17–U.S. Department of Labor Issues Alert To Help Keep Manufacturing Workers Safe During Coronavirus Pandemic HERE.
- NEW–4/13–US Paycheck Protection Program Information & Find Lenders: HERE.
- NEW–4/12–US Small Business Association Guidance and Loan Information: HERE.
- NEW–4/12–FEMA, CDC & White House Info. on Supporting Small Business Owners: HERE.
- NEW–4/9–Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers from the CDC: HERE.
- NEW–4/7–Coronavirus.gov announces the latest Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) updates.
- NEW–4/6–Covidview—A Weekly Surveillance Summary of U.S. COVID-19 Activity.
- NEW–Latest Information from the CDC, updated hourly.
- NEW–4/5–CDC recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings.
- U.S. Department of Labor guidance on the WARN Act (regarding plant closings and mass layoffs).
- Additional CDC Guidance: HERE.
- Summaries and FAQs on all phases (I, II, and III) of the federal COVID-19 emergency packages.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) paid leave requirements – for employers.
- FFCRA Paid Leave Q&A.
- FFCRA Poster Notice – for employers.
- FFCRA Poster on Employee Rights.
- SBA Guidance on the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Program Loan Guarantee.
- Latest updates and resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- CDC’s revised cleaning and disinfection page and how to clean and disinfect your facility when someone is sick.
- CDC’s guidance for businesses and employers.
- CDC’s Coronavirus FAQ.
- COVID-19 Screening Tool.
- OSHA guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19.
- U.S. Small Business Administration guidance for employers regarding the coronavirus pandemic, including information on its disaster loan program.
- Subscribe to the CDC’s email updates: HERE.
- National Association of Manufacturers COVID-19 Resources.
- CDC letter to NAM and ?_zs=kkDad1&_zl=KUmd6" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">additional guidance to give manufacturers clearer guidance on how to operate safely during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- View COVID-19 resources from states and local governments: HERE.
Home and Family Resources:
- Learn how you can plan, prepare, and cope with stress before and during a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Household Checklist: HERE.
- Detailed Planning Guidance: HERE.
- US Readiness Resources: HERE.
- CDC Communication Resources: HERE.
- CDC Print Resources: HERE.
- Prevention and Treatment: HERE.
- What to do if you are sick: HERE.
- Handwashing Guidelines: HERE.
- Stress and coping: HERE.
- Frequently asked questions about COVID-19: HERE.
Manufacturers around the world have joined forces on a historic initiative to respond to COVID-19.
- Mercedes High Performance Powertrains have produced engines that have won eight constructors’ championships and 10 drivers’ championships in Formula 1, and as part of ‘Project Pitlane’ they’re now helping turn the tide in the battle against coronavirus. Learn more: HERE.
- Matsuura UK Customer, CNF Precision Engineering Limited, instead of producing their usual output, they are preparing to churn out ventilator parts, joining the other essential manufacturers working against the clock to fight the coronavirus. Read more: HERE.
Matsuura USA Resources:
- Matsuura USA’s President Craig St. John’s Statement on the virus: HERE.
- Matsuura USA’s Critical Manufacturing Sector Information: HERE.
- Matsuura’s Service Team, available 24/7: HERE.
- Matsuura’s Parts Team available 24/7: HERE.
- Matsuura’s Distributor Network available 24/7: HERE.
- Matsuura USA’s Partnership with ‘The Open Door’ HERE.
At Matsuura USA, we remain committed to our customers and continue to provide the incomparable service, support and parts expected from Matsuura. We are prepared with tools to continue business as usual.
We encourage our customers to contact Matsuura or your exclusive Matsuura Distributor with Sales, Applications, Service and Parts Requests. Whether by phone, fax or e-mail, Matsuura machine tool specialists are available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week to advise and assist you in answering questions regarding the operation of your Matsuura machine tools.
At Matsuura, we recognize interruptions to production have a significant impact on our customers’ productivity. Matsuura USA has an expansive inventory of original, factory authorized parts on the shelf. We maintain our expansive parts stock for immediate shipment, while minimizing delivery delays or even non-availability.
We understand how critical the availability of high-quality spare parts is during this crisis and have made a significant investment in spare parts fulfillment. We will respond immediately and swiftly have your manufacturing facility back to full operation.
All Matsuura USA Departments are available including our service and applications teams, parts shipping and our nationwide sales organization. Please contact us by phone at 651-289-9700 or 800-518-4584 (toll free) or email: [email protected].
Our team at Matsuura USA sends our gratitude to the essential workers for all their hard work and for putting themselves at risk to protect, serve and provide for their communities. From the doctors, nurses, medical staff, first responders, truckers, delivery drivers, mail carriers, essential retail workers, gas station employees, custodial staff, essential manufacturing workers and so many more.
Matsuura Machinery USA, Inc., located in St. Paul, MN is the U.S. subsidiary of Matsuura Machinery Corporation in Japan. Since 1935, Matsuura has been the forerunner in designing innovative technology and manufacturing solutions to a variety of industries around the globe. Matsuura Machinery USA, Inc. delivers unmatched excellence in 5-axis, vertical, horizontal, linear motor, multi-tasking CNC machine tools and machines with a powder bed metal AM platform with machining capability. Matsuura Machinery USA, Inc. provides the service, applications and technical field support that have always been the Matsuura standard for business.