St. Paul, MN (October 19, 2016) — Matsuura Machinery USA, Inc. is currently seeking a Machine Tool Application Engineer. This position will report to the Matsuura Machinery USA, Inc. Application Engineering Manager.
The Matsuura Application Engineer’s objective is to train and support distributor engineers and/or Matsuura customers in the operation and troubleshooting of all Matsuura machining centers for machine software, machining applications, cutting conditions, control functions and Fanuc 5 axis functions. Application Engineers will typically perform time studies, test cuts, CAM and manual programming, create CAD models, setup and execute machine cutting demos for both showroom machines and technical workshops/open houses, as well as troubleshoot machine functions and Matsuura software. The Matsuura Application Engineer will be responsible for resolving multifaceted challenges that exceed the scope of Matsuura distributor’s ability. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Travel to customer’s facility to provide installation, troubleshooting maintenance and repair support on Matsuura machines and controls
• Provide comprehensive training to distributors and customers as wells as assistance over e-mail and phone
• Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
• Ensure proper documentation regarding machine issues, repairs and installation; the Matsuura Application Engineer will provide detailed feedback to management, distributors and customers
• Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and Matsuura Machinery product lines
• Execute warranty repairs and providing after warranty service on Matsuura products
• Produce technical bulletins and documentation for factory updates and changes to functions or software.
The qualified candidate for Matsuura’s Application Engineer position will possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in in 5 axis machining center programming, setup, and operation. Basic Macro B programming skills required. A two year technical degree is preferred. Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills as well as the ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics are required. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required. Experience with FANUC is required. Experience with Yaskawa and/or Siemens is preferred. Consistent travel is required. Candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Matsuura Machinery USA (MMU), located in St. Paul, MN is the importer of Matsuura machining centers in the United States. We deliver unmatched excellence in high speed and high precision CNC machine tools. As the U.S. subsidiary of Matsuura Machinery Corporation in Japan, Matsuura USA provides the premium service, applications, and technical field support that have always been the Matsuura standard for business. As we continue to expand and grow, we are seeking proficient and knowledgeable individuals who are eager to be a part of our Matsuura family and maintain our premium CNC machine tool reputation. MMU is proud to offer employees full company paid benefits including medical, dental, and vision. MMU is also proud to offer 401(k), life insurance, long term disability, paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Job Reference Code: MMU-011
For questions, please contact Kristine Albrecht at 651-289-9705 or [email protected]
Matsuura Machinery USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.