MANUFACTURE COMPLEX MOLDS & COMPONENTS
Matsuura’s LUMEX Hybrid Metal 3D Printer
Why Matsuura LUMEX Avance-25?
• Minimize mold assembly by combining multiple inserts into
one with precise accuracy
• Make density changes using porous sintering without restriction allowing improved gas
venting over conventional methods
• Perform high-precision machining
of deep and thin ribs without EDM
• Create superior mold performance through integrated cooling channels and structures
• Reduce design to finish lead time
With Matsuura’s LUMEX technology, Deep Ribs and Conformal Cooling Channels significantly reduce product cycle time.
Matsuura features multiple customer case studies, all showing 25% to 45% reductions in cycle time reductions.
According to Peter Zelinski, Editor-In-Chief of Additive Manufacturing Magazine, one of the most significant impacts of metal additive manufacturing is on plastic part production and conformal cooling, using additive manufacturing to build conforming cooling channels into an injection mold component. More effective cooling potentially means seconds per part shaved from the injection molding cycle, the cycle making a plastic part.
Watch the video:
For more videos, case studies, and articles on Matsuura’s transformative LUMEX Technology, please visit: LUMEX